Thread About Ex Player - Page 228 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Alex Williams scored 24 goals in his first 24 games for us. The were legitimate reasons to get excited there, and always legitimate fears about whether he would fulfil his potential.

Even at that they weren't down to his ability, they were because he was a bit of a dafty.

Alex Williams scored 24 goals in his first 24 games for us. The were legitimate reasons to get excited there, and always legitimate fears about whether he would fulfil his potential.

Yeah, Williams looked the genuine article for a while. I thought we'd be lucky to have him for a season, a real waste of talent, but his own fault. 

• Downvote 5

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

You don't half talk some amount of pish.

I'd say I was pretty much spot on, as usual... fair enough if you think Quintongo is a great player, and our current midfield is fully equipped to battle it out for 90 mins over a season.

• Downvote 4

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

I'd say I was pretty much spot on, as usual... fair enough if you think Quintongo is a great player, and our current midfield is fully equipped to battle it out for 90 mins over a season.

You might say that, but you'd be wrong, as usual.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Lawrence Shankland scores for Ayr at Dundee.

Sean Crighton scores an own goal.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Dundee 0-2 Ayr, Shankland again.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Dundee 0-2 Ayr, Shankland again.

No ex Morton player but it's 3-0 now. McCann won't last long.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

No ex Morton player but it's 3-0 now. McCann won't last long.

Dundee ended up with 9 men.

Ayr are really on good form. They could easily end up a playoff team.

Said at the start of the season I fancy Ayr to do well this year. Full-time and they've got a decent squad together.

They won't be the diddies they usually are anyway.

John Maisano is the most overrated Morton player in the last 20 years IMO. Played the very occasional Riquelme role in Division 3. Nice guy but the way he was bigged up at the time is pretty embarrassing, looking back on it.

Maybe there are other candidates but I'm forgetting them. One thing's for sure, it's not Jai Quitongo.

Funnily enough, when Zhivago made that statement that was who I thought about too. Granted he had talent however he couldn't be arsed for a big chunk of the time. In fact, its safe to say that him and his stereotypical 'alrighty' Australian personality are more popular for their off the Park actions (eg. being the friendly guy in the Jimmy Watt etc.) than he ever was for what he done on the park.

*insert signature here*

Shankland is such a fanny. If that player was in there why did we just get a fat imposter?

Because dropping down to league 1 probably made him realise he was in danger of wasting his career and he got his act together.

Shankland is such a fanny. If that player was in there why did we just get a fat imposter?

Because he is a horrible bastard who should be rightfully hounded whenever he crosses our path for his appalling attitude despite the chance we gave him.

Wouldn't say easily,they are in there with 9 other full time teams who will feel they can finish top 4, many with much bigger squads and budgets than they do.

They have started well, no doubt but I personally can't see them being top 4.

If they finish clear of 9th, its still a decent season for them and means a bigger team will be in soapy bubble come the end of the season.

Edited by Madton

Everyone needs to calm it with Ayr. Yes they have some very good players in every position now - Shankland, Murdoch and Smith the most obvious examples - and will obviously make a better fist at staying up than their previous attempts at this division, but they're still going to have flops at this level in their starting eleven and this is their usual promotion bounce. They've a considerably better squad than Alloa and Falkirk, no one else.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I was quite calm about Livi last year and look what happened......

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Good chance of that I reckon, they remind me of Livi last season.

If Ayr ever get to the Premiership before us it's time to send this once proud football club a winding up order

• Downvote 2