Thread About Ex Player - Page 90 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

You never mentioned coming through the youth system in your earlier post. But here's the youth players that Moore put on the pitch at some point.

Kane, Shepherd, Deans, Frizzell, Hawke, Kasubandi, O'Ware, Fulton, McDaid, McLaughlin, McLean and Russell.

Youth players/ youth system. You know what I meant. Didnt realise so many had been put on the pitch. Would be interesting to see how many competitive games they played in. Doubt it would be much.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

With the exception of McDaid, I don't blame Moore for not giving those players more game time. O'Ware developed nicely, McDaid should have developed more but Moore refused to play him. Hawke is the possible exception at the time but he was in the correct place in the pecking order at the time. The rest weren't good enough.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Ironically, given what happened that season, Moore said that he would hold Knight etc back because whilst they were good enough for a mid-table side, he didn't think they were ready to push for the play offs.

ETA: at least that's what he said in public. He might have thought differently in private.

Edited by cmdc

Kevin Kelbie has put Linlithgow Rose ahead at Forfar. Didn't he play for us?

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Further proof that bumpkin outfits like Forfar should be hounded out of the league and packed off to their natural haunting ground of the Juniors and other village club leagues. The sooner the 'pyramid' develops into a several club, automatic relegation vacuum the better,

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are