Andy Jackson Signs Pre Contract.. - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Andy Jackson Signs Pre Contract..

delboy66

B)-->

QUOTE(big B @ Apr 14 2011, 09:28 PM) 806365[/snapback]
Story I heard was that Douglas Rae met Andy Graham on Saturday when he was offered terms for next season and he is thinking about it.

The same person told me that Morton offered him more money last summer but the only reason he turned us down was that he wanted to try his luck in the SPL.

I spoke to Andy Graham at last years Stirling Albion fans' game and that's exactly what he said to me.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, he is a defender.

Was thinking of david graham, we have been in for more grahams than anyone i think

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

I don't really remember much of Jackson, other than he had a good reputation at one point! If he's fast, then it's a start.

As for comparing our strikers to each other, that seems a futile exercise. None of them have contributed anywhere near enough to stake a claim in a side with title ambitions.

AWMSC

I don't really remember much of Jackson, other than he had a good reputation at one point! If he's fast, then it's a start.

As for comparing our strikers to each other, that seems a futile exercise. None of them have contributed anywhere near enough to stake a claim in a side with title ambitions.

Exactly.

I'm not holding out much hope, but I hope neither Weatherson, Graham, Kelbie, Kean, or Lyle are here next season. Unless Lyle is proven innocent, in which case I'd keep him.

I'd really really love Iain Russell to re-sign for us and be given a proper chance. I feel absolutely certain he'll do well this season with Livi in this division.

TTG JIM!!!

Gary do you think its a good idea to, en masse, get rid of 5 forwards, and bring in a completely new one?

I reckon we want to keep Weatherson, who has no pace but holds the ball and is a better target man than most in the league, and Graham who, even though I refer to as a complete diddy to my pals, is scoring goals. Kean, I am undecided upon. Lyle looks likely to be oot the door if his case goes as many think it will, which means we will need one more striker as well. Kelbie is obviously out the door.

Gary do you think its a good idea to, en masse, get rid of 5 forwards, and bring in a completely new one?

I reckon we want to keep Weatherson, who has no pace but holds the ball and is a better target man than most in the league, and Graham who, even though I refer to as a complete diddy to my pals, is scoring goals. Kean, I am undecided upon. Lyle looks likely to be oot the door if his case goes as many think it will, which means we will need one more striker as well. Kelbie is obviously out the door.

I don't think it's ideal to be getting rid of them all at once and hence I don't expect it to happen but I wouldn't be disappointed at to lose any of them. If we can get rid of 3 of them (Kelbie's a certainty) and bring in 2 new strikers I'd be happy.

What I actually suspect will happen is for Kelbie and Kean move on, and one new striker to be signed.

TTG JIM!!!

I'd really really love Iain Russell to re-sign for us and be given a proper chance. I feel absolutely certain he'll do well this season with Livi in this division.

The way we play now,I think, would see Russell on 20+ goals in a season. In the 1st Div.

HHkTu1F.jpg

--------------Stewart------------

A.Graham -- Caff -- Smyth -- McKinlay

-- Tiddles -- Fred -- Young -- Obri --

-- Jackson -- Weatherson/B.Graham --

Subs: Cuthbert (Ayr pre-contract?), Lyle (mebbes), Holmes, CD backup, CM backup

That's starting to look not to shabby for next season.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

:lol:

Russell signed for Livi last year because they offered him a 2 year deal and we only offered one. At the time, I was disappointed we didn't try harder to keep him.

As for Brian Graham, if he scores 1 more goal before the end of the season, he will equal the best return (12 goals) from any striker in the 4 seasons since we were promoted - and he has only started 18 games this season.

Hopefully Jackson (if he's signing) won't be the last striker to join the club during the next 2/3 months... Weatherson and Graham will be staying put - Kean and Kelbie, for me, will be gone in the summer.

As for Lyle... even if he is proven innocent I don't imagine the club renewing his contract when it expires. Would be good if he were to stay on, but I don't see it happening.

Another two strikers needed then, Iain Russell isn't the answer though. IainMorton mentioned Rory McAllister who I think is certain to leave Brechin. A few SPL clubs have been scouting him so we could have missed the boat on that one.

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man"

morton4rp5.png

--------------Stewart------------

A.Graham -- Caff -- Smyth -- McKinlay

-- Tiddles -- Fred -- Young -- Obri --

-- Jackson -- Weatherson/B.Graham --

Subs: Cuthbert (Ayr pre-contract?), Lyle (mebbes), Holmes, CD backup, CM backup

That's starting to look not to shabby for next season.

Jenkins wouldn't make your team?

Just heard from Paul Giovanacci that Andy Jackson has signed a pre season 1 year deal with a option of a other year for the new saeson.. Think he will be a good deal & the type of player we are looking for a top three finnish next season..

Moore said it's just a rumour, he has not signed him on a pre contract.

Isn't it a lovely day.....

Archived