'i'm Not A Quitter' - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

'i'm Not A Quitter'

mortonjag

Surely though if Dougie were to sack DI and DC, they can't take him to a tribunal for unfair dismissal cos they aren't doing what they are being paid to do to the best of their abilities?!

It all comes down to what is in the contract. We can if and but all day but without knowing the particulars we're p1ssing in to the wind.

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

This is where the risk factor comes in though.

On the unfair dismissal front, if I'm a joiner employed in the manufacturing process, then there's generally an objective standard by which the quality of my work can be measured. If my product is crap then I won't stand much chance at a tribunal. If the quality of my work is ok, but I'm a lazy so and so, then again there will generally be an objective standard to which my output can be compared.

On the other hand if I'm in a job in which my performance is measured by results and these results depend on the quality of other people's performances then the lines become less clear and subjective assessments come into the equation, when trying to judge by a so-called objective standard of "reasonable competence".

If neither side has the confidence to risk going to tribunal/court, then these payoffs, albeit potentially pleasing no-one, remove the prospect of one side being ripped apart in the tribunal/court and found liable for a chunk of the other side's legal expenses to boot, hen being criticised even more back at the ranch for having taken the risk. There are also procedural issues which, if not properly followed can lead to a dismissal being procedurally unfair and giving rise to an automatic claim (albeit a bit lower than you can get if your claim is upheld on its merits)

Then there's the contractual issue-in order to assess a claim for damages for an alleged breach of contract you need to know what the contract says.

Irons also said "It's the same old story. Ultimately I'll take all the stick but the players have to take some responsibility."They aren't doing that but I'll keep trying to make this work.

"It's easy to quit but I'll stand up and take the flak."

He is right in saying he will have to take the stick, if we get beat next week I can see it turning nasty and venemous.

It creates a horrible atmosphere at Cappielow. Many fans will stay away rather than witness a hate filled atmosphere.

One thing Irons is right on is his comments regarding the players. They do have to take responsibilty for performances on the park.

You can argue about tactics and formations, but ultimitely players peformances are down to the players themselves.

We have too many under-achievers on big wages here at Cappielow.

There are no excuses for some of the performances we have had to endure this season.

Irons has made mistakes this season in tactics and formations. His close season has also been a disaster. I know his hands are tied to a big extent, but some of his signings have been baffling.

Why was McGregor signed when we really didn't need another defender ?

Why did he sign Monti ?

Why did he bring in another midfielder when we are crying out for a wide man ?

Why did he resign Grady when he failed to impress towards the end of last season ?

Why with the depleted squad that we currently have, has he allowed Russell to go out on loan ?

Irons won't turn it around this time, that's total fantasy. If he hasn't gone this week then he surely is one defeat away from the sack. And if that's not the case then someone really needs to take Dougie aside and have a quiet word.

Col why is it you can't see the constant inconsistencies in MrIrons's statements . The old saying about a bad workman blaming his own tools is most apt when describing DI.

Good teams rely on consistency both in terms of tactics and personnel . The players are as bewildered by the tactics as much as we are .

Some of the players are under performing I grant you but its the remite of the manager to lift those players or select others.

Col why is it you can't see the constant inconsistencies in MrIrons's statements . The old saying about a bad workman blaming his own tools is most apt when describing DI

That can't be used in football!

A tradesman would still have to operate said tools once they are in use. A football manager simply puts the squad on to the park and then has not as nearly as much control.

What you are saying would be akin to a builder trying to hammer a nail by throwing the hammer from about 10 feet away then blaming it when is rotates and misses the nail.

That can't be used in football!

A tradesman would still have to operate said tools once they are in use. A football manager simply puts the squad on to the park and then has not as nearly as much control.

What you are saying would be akin to a builder trying to hammer a nail by throwing the hammer from about 10 feet away then blaming it when is rotates and misses the nail.

So motivation doesn't come into it ? Irons has caused this total lack of confidence within the players , there ar some things you can't take back or regain trust.

Common knowledge that Irons has used the players as scapegoats on every occasion . Telling the players its only the guys hes brought in that are good enough and the rest should not be earning a living at this level !!!

Then he complains that the fans don't think he and the players have feelings ??

As soon as the first goal is conceeded the team falls apart that shows a total lack of organisation and leadership .

So motivation doesn't come into it ?

How would you motivate a hammer? ;)

I'm not disagreeing with what you are saying for the most part...it's just I don't think the phrase 'a good worker never blames his tools' can be applicable in football management at all.

So motivation doesn't come into it ? Irons has caused this total lack of confidence within the players , there ar some things you can't take back or regain trust.

Common knowledge that Irons has used the players as scapegoats on every occasion . Telling the players its only the guys hes brought in that are good enough and the rest should not be earning a living at this level !!!

Then he complains that the fans don't think he and the players have feelings ??

As soon as the first goal is conceeded the team falls apart that shows a total lack of organisation and leadership .

Very true.

Last season it was the arrival of Grady that saved his skin. Who knows perhaps even for a small period of time maybe Irons even changed his ways. But what is obvious is that things have now slumped to an even worse level & he, having learned nothing, is back to his old bullying ways.

Irons seems to be naive in the extreme if he thinks that he doesn't have to keep the players onside or have a mutual respect for each other to get the best out of his team.

One thing that appears blindingly obvious to me is that here is a man who is going to struggle to get another managerial job whenever he leaves here. Hopefully for us both him & Collins will be gone soon.

I'd love to have you both for dinner

I'm not disagreeing with what you are saying for the most part...it's just I don't think the phrase 'a good worker never blames his tools' can be applicable in football management at all.

Threaten it with No More Nails. :rolleyes:

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Well what did you think we'd go for in the transfer window ? wide midfielder( who delivery is decent) , fullbacks, striker with a bit of pace ????

or

what we did sign ??

Again that confusd the supporters and no doubt had the players scratching their heads.

....................... and put your socks back on thats giving me the boak

Col why is it you can't see the constant inconsistencies in MrIrons's statements . The old saying about a bad workman blaming his own tools is most apt when describing DI.

Good teams rely on consistency both in terms of tactics and personnel . The players are as bewildered by the tactics as much as we are .

Some of the players are under performing I grant you but its the remite of the manager to lift those players or select others.

Don't know what you mean there to be honest :unsure:

I agree with you on Irons inconsistant statements. For example, we are very well off in terms of quantity for players in midfield and defence. Yet we sign another midfielder in McFarlane and give McGregor an extension to his contract after the club had told him he could leave.

Both these players are fine players for this level granted, but did we really need to strengthen in these areas ?

Irons had limited resources to sign players yet signs players during the close season in areas that really were not a priority.

Then when things start to go wrong this season Irons bleats that we don't have enough width in the team :blink:

Err.. well why didn't you sign a wide player instead of a midfielder and another defender then ???

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

Don't know what you mean there to be honest :unsure:

I agree with you on Irons inconsistant statements. For example, we are very well off in terms of quantity for players in midfield and defence. Yet we sign another midfielder in McFarlane and give McGregor an extension to his contract after the club had told him he could leave.

Both these players are fine players for this level granted, but did we really need to strengthen in these areas ?

Irons had limited resources to sign players yet signs players during the close season in areas that really were not a priority.

Then when things start to go wrong this season Irons bleats that we don't have enough width in the team :blink:

Err.. well why didn't you sign a wide player instead of a midfielder and another defender then ???

Think of how we lined up against ICT after he made that statement with the narrowest midfield I'v ever seen ... do you not think tactics like that affect the mindset of the players ?

He identified the lack of width within a few days of being incharge yet he hasn't tried to rectify this problem by bringing in new players .

The constant " we are all in this together , we as a collective and then starts on individual errors or saying the players have to take responsibility again this is not a we its them .

Knowing some of the stuff that has went on I can understand why the players are being out played on a matchday.

Agree with that point entirely. Russell may not be the best finisher but he can beat a man and is IMHO a decent winger. Yesterday we could have done with him. Although with Peter missing, it maybe wouldn't have made much difference.

If Airdrie win at Cappielow next week, I can see there being a lynch mob in Sinclair Street at quarter to five. I hope it doesn't come to that because I reckon that the large number of managers we have had over the last 10 years suggests that the core problems may lie elsewhere. I think the fact that funds were not made available to sign a top notch striker indicates that there is a financila squeeze on at Morton for some reason. Too much wasted on duds in the past and now the cupboard is bare.

as I have mentioned on previous posts letting Russell go on loan was mis-management at its best/worst :unsure:

Archived