...how Would You React? - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

...how Would You React?

puggsy_ton

Out of boredom and curiosity how would you react to the following scenario?

Iron's and Collin's get sacked first thing Monday morning. Someone takes over the team - this can be anyone and isn't the important part.

Next game the players turn in a blinder and have a convincing win whereas up to now they haven't even looked interested (especially today going by the reports).

Would you be happy with that?

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

Iron's and Collin's get sacked first thing Monday morning. Someone takes over the team - this can be anyone and isn't the important part.

Next game the players turn in a blinder and have a convincing win whereas up to now they haven't even looked interested (especially today going by the reports).

Ecstatic! Player power removes Manager? Happens all the time in football, plus DI deserves all he gets. Won't make it to next weekend I think. :angry:

If it gets us 3 points I would be happy

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

Thats a good question, if a new manager came in and we played great on the first game u would expect that but if we then played great every other week i believe that would just prove how bad irons was, i wouldnt quetion the players as they are just human and if your not happy with how your boss treat you then u dnt perform your best for him. So i would love it if the scenario you talk about happens.

Most of them aren't fit to wear the shirt.

I know you're probably referring to guys like Finlayson but at this moment in time I want to see Morton players with heart more than ability. Both would be a bonus. The current squad's a ****ing disgrace. :angry:

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Even thought it may have cost us 12 points in the process (if we had won more of our opening games)

Look, the players haven't cost us 12 points. The manager not being able to come up with a stable starting eleven, or even formation after a full season in charge, and a lengthy pre-season is what has cost us points, simple as that.

Yes, there have been a few individual errors and poor performances but far better teams with far better players than us have suffered because of an abysmal manager. It's not just our players who's heads go down in the circumstances we find ourselves in - in fact, a player who could stroll on continuing to play at the best of his ability would be a rare thing. The buck stops at Irons, and Irons alone.

AWMSC

I think things will take a while to turn things round , Irons has totally striped the team of any confidence and that takes time to build.

Our strongest area was our defence look 11 goals in 3 games . We aren't able to hurt teams and its just putting more pressure on the defence.

Were fecked the longer he stays and his slithery friend can join him.

Look, the players haven't cost us 12 points. The manager not being able to come up with a stable starting eleven, or even formation after a full season in charge, and a lengthy pre-season is what has cost us points, simple as that.

Yes, there have been a few individual errors and poor performances but far better teams with far better players than us have suffered because of an abysmal manager. It's not just our players who's heads go down in the circumstances we find ourselves in - in fact, a player who could stroll on continuing to play at the best of his ability would be a rare thing. The buck stops at Irons, and Irons alone.

Nonsense, the players have to take a big chunk of the blame also. Whether they like the formations or not, the manner in which they have allowed defeat is nothing short of disgraceful. The buck stops with Irons, but they players have take a long hard look at themselves as they are an embarrassment to the club!

Nonsense, the players have to take a big chunk of the blame also. Whether they like the formations or not, the manner in which they have allowed defeat is nothing short of disgraceful. The buck stops with Irons, but they players have take a long hard look at themselves as they are an embarrassment to the club!

Well, I wasn't there today, but last week, for example, I didn't see a team that went out with the intention of losing. I seen a collection of players going about there business, and coping actually not too badly early on despite being utterly shapeless. After the first goal - which, as it happens was as a direct result of the poor tactical "system", it all descended further into disarray as 10 outfielders tried to work out between them just what exactly they were meant to be doing. The self same thing happened at Firhill too.

The players do well enough in the early stages despite being unorganised, the opposition manager quickly realises that Morton aren't, after all, "hard to beat", makes a slight change and the roof caves in because we aren't in any position to make moves to combat the changes from the other team. What little semblance of shape we have disappears as the players flounder looking for guidance which doesn't come, the heads go down and more goals follow.

The managers an idiot, and that is what is costing us far more than anything else.

AWMSC

I'd be delighted that we actually won a game, but I'd be joining the aforementioned queue to boot the players that haven't been putting the effort in in the balls.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I'd be delighted that we actually won a game, but I'd be joining the aforementioned queue to boot the players that haven't been putting the effort in in the balls.

The manager has, in all probablilty, run out of time. I'd love for us to clear out the squad with him. Other than Cuthbert, Graecen and McAlister, I wouldn't shed a tear for any of them on their way out. An absolutely gutless group of 'professionals'.

This will most likely be the case. The players are short in confidence and don't know where they're supposed to be playing each week. McAlister is either on the left, through the middle or upfront and has never been tried on the right. Finlayson is consistently awful.

A new manager, a stable formation and a good system would bring back the confidence. I'm sure we'd turn things around. We need a decent manager though.

We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

This will most likely be the case. The players are short in confidence and don't know where they're supposed to be playing each week. McAlister is either on the left, through the middle or upfront and has never been tried on the right. Finlayson is consistently awful.

A new manager, a stable formation and a good system would bring back the confidence. I'm sure we'd turn things around. We need a decent manager though.

I think the problems in our squad run quite deep though. More than confidence, we lack quality, and we lack pace - particularly middle to front.

I'd be happy with the victory but upset with the manner of it.

It's certainly the case that good man-management can bring out the best in players (and in fact workers in all walks of life) and bad management can do the opposite. But to completely chuck it and then just come back into form as if nothing had happened would suggest to me that at least some players were taking the piss.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived