'we Need To Strengthen' Says The Manager - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

'we Need To Strengthen' Says The Manager

Tonsilitis

McGurn - could have done better for the first and was posted absent for a six yard box cross for the third which was a keepers ball all the way.

McGregor was ripped apart by Dobbie for two of the goals

Smith looked like he can read the game fairly well and I would'nt blame him for the goals

Harding - played reasonably defensively but was in long ball mode which was meat and drink for the Queens defence

All in all I would have said on that showing we need at least one more decent defender and a goallie.

In midfield we look OK when playing the ball on the deck but too often it did'nt happen that way. Millar was OK but held back from a few tackles he might have gone for before. McLaughlin tried but was'nt good enough. Stevenson was anonymous. McGuffie was anonymous. McAllister tried but had a hand in the first goal.

I think we need a midfield general (maybe Jenkins?) and a decent holding midfielder

Upfront we had nothing. Weatherson and Russell were just completely ineffective. Both need dropped but both might benefit from a spell on the bench.

I think we need at least one striker, maybe two.

So thats a goallie, a defender, two midfielders and ideally two strikers. Anyone see it happening anytime soon?

Oh and maybe we need a manager who can motivate the players!

So thats a goallie, a defender, two midfielders and ideally two strikers. Anyone see it happening anytime soon?

Try writing to this guy.

Dear Jim ,

please can you fixit for Morton to have a goalie , a defender , two midefileders and two strikers

Savile_jimmy003.jpg

McGurn - could have done better for the first and was posted absent for a six yard box cross for the third which was a keepers ball all the way.

McGregor was ripped apart by Dobbie for two of the goals

Smith looked like he can read the game fairly well and I would'nt blame him for the goals

Harding - played reasonably defensively but was in long ball mode which was meat and drink for the Queens defence

All in all I would have said on that showing we need at least one more decent defender and a goallie.

In midfield we look OK when playing the ball on the deck but too often it did'nt happen that way. Millar was OK but held back from a few tackles he might have gone for before. McLaughlin tried but was'nt good enough. Stevenson was anonymous. McGuffie was anonymous. McAllister tried but had a hand in the first goal.

I think we need a midfield general (maybe Jenkins?) and a decent holding midfielder

Upfront we had nothing. Weatherson and Russell were just completely ineffective. Both need dropped but both might benefit from a spell on the bench.

The last few league defeats are taking their toll Nick . At the start of the season you were so positive . It's easy for someone who had reservations about the squad and the manager to sit and be all smug about it but we know the end result will be a huge disappointment for everyone .

I think McInally's tactics and signings have been illthought , even this new defensive system fell on it's 4rse because Finlayson was out , we have no cover for wingbacks . I still think the 3 at the back are not a good enough defensive unit to keep out any decent side .

We have major problems upfront Russell will score the odd goal but doesn't look as if he could o a Dobbie . Weatherson , he has been so poor of late the big question should be getting him fit not if he should be wearing the captain's armband.

I wonder if Jenkins played today ? could be going from the frying pan into the fire as we are struggling at the moment (well for sometime to be more accurate ).

Yes we are getting to the stage where something is drastically needed . DDFR needs to act , we are in a catch 22 if we can't afford to bring new faces in then with results like this crowds will dwindle and even if we do survive what incentive for fans to purchase season tickets for next season .

MCINALLY MUST GO !!!

NO EXCUSES !!!!

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

Archived