Hamilton Academical V Greenock Morton - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hamilton Academical V Greenock Morton

AyrshireTon

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Naw happy at this, the minute my back is turned Puggsy moves in :P

How could you do this to a guy already down cos he's stuck in work :blink:

Cos I'm better than you? :P

Bad day for Puggsy - Luton 1-0 up on Forest and Raith still trailing at Alloa.

Ach well, it kept me amused for the 90 minutes!

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

Still abit of a worry although 4th only 4 points seperate us and the bottom 5 anyone can achieve our position andcould easily prop up the table if things went against us , things are that tight .

FFS we're sitting 4th in the table when teams like St. Johnstone, Dundee and Dunfermline are dropping points left, right and centre. Agreed, a couple of defeats and we're pulled back towards the bottom of the league, but similarly a couple of wins (even draws) just keeps things ticking over nicely.

Yeah, it's a tight league but we're well able to compete at this level and there's no massive shame in losing away from home against the league leaders.

FFS we're sitting 4th in the table when teams like St. Johnstone, Dundee and Dunfermline are dropping points left, right and centre. Agreed, a couple of defeats and we're pulled back towards the bottom of the league, but similarly a couple of wins (even draws) just keeps things ticking over nicely.

Yeah, it's a tight league but we're well able to compete at this level and there's no massive shame in losing away from home against the league leaders.

Well said sir.

I want a pretentious signature too.

If you read my post after the game you would have saw what I thought of todays defeat .

All I am saying is that it is easy to be in tenth as fourth . I wasn't being negative or having a go . Just stating about how the league sits .

Apparently we had the ball in the net for it to be disallowed? Anyone heard anything about this?

Hardly a surprise we got beat today , Hamilton were the better side by far .

Andy said Templeman knocked the ball in with his hand then all hell broke out on the benches

I think Martin Clark was red carded along with someone from the Hamilton bench , Andy Bryan had to restrain JM to the dug out ( who would have ever thought such a thing).

I'm just back in Edinburgh after being in Glasgow, and listening to Clyde 1 on the way back a couple of folk phoned in about the game. First a young girl who was a Morton fan wanting to know why it had been disallowed, she didn't see the goal, so that's probably why she was asking.

Then, a 'fanatic Hamilton fan' called in and said, and I quote, that "Morton played us off the park in the 2nd half and looked like they'd got what they deserved with a perfectly good goal was given by the referee before all hell broke loose...possibly for handball".

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

You need to get your reading glasses on rather that reading between the lines RM

It just seems that some folk on here always seem to have a glass is half empty kind of attitude, "yes we're 4th... but...."

If that wasn't what you intended then i apologise.

I want a pretentious signature too.

Literally the game of two halves today.

Hamilton created much more in the first half. Less said the better.

2nd half McGurn had only one save to make. We were practically camped in their half, but lacked any cutting edge in front of goal. McInally saw fit to bring Millar on at the half and to be fair, it changed the game. Millar played the best I've seen him in a very long time. Calm on the ball, putting in tackles and making space for others. No idea whay the goal was disallowed. If, as people were suggesting on here, Temps put it in with his hand then surely he should've been carded? Ref bottled it.

Consolations... most other teams drew today. Played better than we have of late. Millar can actually play.

Next week:

------------A N Other-----------

Sheilds-Harding-Greacen-McAnespie

Gardyne-millar-McAlister-McLaughlin

----Temps---------Peter------

Easy decision to make really.

Steve

MORTON - NEWCASTLE

well said (takes hat off!)

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

The linesman appeared to bottle it today, Templeman knocked the ball into the net, the Morton team celebrated and returned to their own half with the referee in the centre circle ready for the restart. The Clyde keeper then ran up to the half way line to confront the ref and get him to go to the linesman. Surely if the linesman had seen something he would have been standing with his flag up but according to the people around me he was running back to the half way line as well, before all the Hamilton players surrounded him. Then two minutes later the goal is disallowed and it's a free kick to Hamilton.

user posted image "Steve Beaton, he's not Adonis, he's THE donis"

The linesman appeared to bottle it today, Templeman knocked the ball into the net, the Morton team celebrated and returned to their own half with the referee in the centre circle ready for the restart. The Clyde keeper then ran up to the half way line to confront the ref and get him to go to the linesman. Surely if the linesman had seen something he would have been standing with his flag up but according to the people around me he was running back to the half way line as well, before all the Hamilton players surrounded him. Then two minutes later the goal is disallowed and it's a free kick to Hamilton.

How many teams were playing?? We had 2 goalies to beat?? CONSPIRACY I SAY! :angry:

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I phoned in to Jim Traynor about that incident and got put on air - quite disgraceful, and if a ref did that in a game involving the OF he would be crucified. Looked a good goal but that's not the point - IT WAS AWARDED. The officials gave the goal and then under pressure from Accies they changed the decision and awarded a free kick for something that they could not have seen themselves - if they had the goal wouldn't have been awarded in the first place.

I know we moan about bad refereeing, but this is different. This is not about a ref making a mistake, it's about a ref deducting a goal which we have already been awarded. Never seen that happen and I'm pretty sure the ref can't do that under the rules of the game.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived