"absolutely No Joy" - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

"absolutely No Joy"

GMC

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well no matter what our plight is tomorrow the wee man has to be given time to deal with more important stuff . It's no use him playing if his mind isin't totally focused .

Correct

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

Calm down.

Maisano and (to a lesser extent) Williams were pet projects of one or more Board members and it was McInally's wish to see them punted.

One of our recent signing targets has said that he's impressed with McInally, and I can PM you who it is if you're interested.

Incidentally I'll pre-empt any attempt to try to make this sound like I'm trying to foist all the blame off McInally and defend him to the death - I'm not doing either of these.

I was highly impressed by my ex wife when I first met her.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

So people aren't signing for Morton partially because the boss they're impressed with may not be impressive to them in future?

Don't be obtuse! :lol:

I'm merely demonstrating what's universally accepted-that first impressions are often deceptive. The fact that one player was 'impressed' by JM, means virtually nothing.

Had you stated something like-'I've spoken to over fifty people who have met Jim McInally repeatedly over the years, and to a man they cannot praise him highly enough', I might just have conceded the possibility of you having made a point. ;)

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

Don't be obtuse! :lol:

I'm merely demonstrating what's universally accepted-that first impressions are often deceptive. The fact that one player was 'impressed' by JM, means virtually nothing.

Had you stated something like-'I've spoken to over fifty people who have met Jim McInally repeatedly over the years, and to a man they cannot praise him highly enough', I might just have conceded the possibility of you having made a point. ;)

The absence of evidence to the contrary is not at all sufficient for your point to be any more correct than mine. In any case, on the one hand we have my evidence (the testimony of one player) and on the other hand we have your evidence (the testament of no players.)

If the impression of one player means virtually nothing then how do the impressions of no players speak volumes?

EOho8Pw.png

The absence of evidence to the contrary is not at all sufficient for your point to be any more correct than mine. In any case, on the one hand we have my evidence (the testimony of one player) and on the other hand we have your evidence (the testament of no players.)

If the impression of one player means virtually nothing then how do the impressions of no players speak volumes?

Nach0, would you be surprised if I told you that I do have information from more than one source to suggest that JM is a bit of a 'plank'?

One young player's initial impression of an ex International in his mid forties is, for me at least, of little significance on its own.

YER BARD

Nach0, would you be surprised if I told you that I do have information from more than one source to suggest that JM is a bit of a 'plank'?

One young player's initial impression of an ex International in his mid forties is, for me at least, of little significance on its own.

young :rolleyes:

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

not to me :P they are all near my age.

You certainly don't look a year older than Russell Latapy! :lol:

YER BARD

Is there some reason why nobody seems to want to sign for us?

Douglas Rae. Until this man allows his manager to manage and keeps well out the way we'll go nowhere as a club.

On the other hand, McInally should LITERALLY tell him to stay the f*** out of team matters or resign himself.

Rae's the main problem with Morton, not helped by the fact we've a jellyfish for a manager.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

the fact we've a jellyfish for a manager.

I've heard him called a lot of things but never a Jellyfish :P

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

Archived