"absolutely No Joy" - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

"absolutely No Joy"

GMC

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.inverclydenow.com/news-detail4.asp?ID=609

He doesn't sound too confident about getting 2 players in...or is he just keeping the cards close to his chest in case anything falls through again?

:mellow:

Both I expect. In some ways I'll just be glad when the window closes whether we sign someone or not. The transfer saga has been nothing short of embarrasing for us.

He doesn't sound too confident about getting 2 players in...or is he just keeping the cards close to his chest in case anything falls through again?

80k and 'absolutely no joy' and 'frequently disappointed' just don't tie up.

Players just don't want to come to Cappielow-the grapevine's always active amongst sportsmen-and I guess we all know why.

We are now being sold down the river by our erstwhile saviour and his 'Yes' man IMO.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

It would be the more sensible thing to do . Things can fall through or we could be gazumped by another club .

Last day nerves

Is there some reason why nobody seems to want to sign for us?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Starting to look that way.

Basically if we do sign anyone it's obviously not going to be anything like our first choice... it'll be players that the likes of St Johnstone, Dundee and Partick decided weren't good enough. Mid-table at absolute best for us this season, but I do worry about a relegation battle with Clyde, Stirling and Livvy.

Really seems to be the case that something/someone is putting players off from joining Morton. It seems that if we're ever going to progress, changes will be needed at the very highest levels. Thanks to Dougie, but perhaps the time has come for someone else to take over the reigns.

Basically if we do sign anyone it's obviously not going to be anything like our first choice... it'll be players that the likes of St Johnstone, Dundee and Partick decided weren't good enough. Mid-table at absolute best for us this season, but I do worry about a relegation battle with Clyde, Stirling and Livvy.

Really seems to be the case that something/someone is putting players off from joining Morton. It seems that if we're ever going to progress, changes will be needed at the very highest levels. Thanks to Dougie, but perhaps the time has come for someone else to take over the reigns.

I think if we sign anyone, the management will say, "we have been watching him for a while". The usual.

MON EH TON!

Archived