"commercial Opportunity Missed" - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

"commercial Opportunity Missed"

Pete Doherty's(Babyshambles) manager was saying in the albert tonight that he phoned Cappielow about getting Pete a Morton top to be pictured in,being a QPR fan hoops connection etc.He phoned Cappielow and they,without question gave a straight no.Seems quite cheesy but this could have been a great opertunity to get a bit of publicity for the club.

Gives the impression that our club dont really care :unsure:

The Ton Survived & Your Pipe Dream Died

18th September 2014

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pete Doherty's(Babyshambles) manager was saying in the albert tonight that he phoned Cappielow about getting Pete a Morton top to be pictured in,being a QPR fan hoops connection etc.He phoned Cappielow and they,without question gave a straight no.Seems quite cheesy but this could have been a great opertunity to get a bit of publicity for the club.

exactly the type of publicity id like to see morton get.....a junkie bein pictured in a ton strip!!!!!

sensible no thanks if u ask me, if he wants a strip he can buy 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would have been good publicity right enough, but they probably didn't want to see a guy who is as famous for drug-abuse as he is for his music, wearing our strip in the press.

edit to add that i am a HUGE Babyshambles and Libertines fan, so it would have been a great personal thing to see him in the hoops

Maybe they just don't want to be connected to some junkie waste of space!!

RIP New Order...

There's a strip on display in Smiths. :P

True enough, I suppose, but even one of them manages not to be the proper, final article!! It's a bloody sham though, that people are phoning up trying to acquire themselves a new strip in the middle of July and unable to get their hands on one, famous or not.

AWMSC

thank f*** for that! no way is that junkie b*****d getting a top before me!!

i hate that guy so much! seeing him in a morton top would have made me die a little inside.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

What are the details? Surely he can afford one and just get the fotie took!

Most likely they wanted one for free in return for the publicity-and I've got mixed feelings there-some claim bad publicity's better than none, and the poor old TON ain't much in the news those days.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

WTF should Morton give him a strip? He can afford to pay for it. Fecking freeloader.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

:lol: fuk off! Morton were right to dismiss the half famous junkie scumbag

Gives me the impression that they DO care....Pete Doherty is a total waste of time and space....this could have ended up with the wrong type of publicity.....remember his last visit to Greenock? the gig in the town hall? it was a sham, totally and utterly....spitting on some of the folk waiting outside to see him too?? he's a tw4t, how anyone could think this would have been a great opportunaty for the club is beyond me...

I was actually the one who got told this story first hand when I was working in the Albert last night off of Adrian, Pete’s manager. Story wasn’t meant to offend anyone I thought it was quite a funny story. I think if Pete really wanted one he would’ve offered to pay but Morton didn’t even give him that opportunity, typical commercial dept in my opinion have had a few run ins with them in the past so there’s another one to add. Think it would’ve been a bit of fun for both parties involved. As for him being a junkie fair enough the club maybe doesnt want to be associated with him but u cant choose who supports your club and who doesnt!

GREENOCK MORTON 2ND DIVISION CHAMPIONS 2006/2007

I was actually the one who got told this story first hand when I was working in the Albert last night off of Adrian, Pete’s manager. Story wasn’t meant to offend anyone I thought it was quite a funny story. I think if Pete really wanted one he would’ve offered to pay but Morton didn’t even give him that opportunity, typical commercial dept in my opinion have had a few run ins with them in the past so there’s another one to add. Think it would’ve been a bit of fun for both parties involved. As for him being a junkie fair enough the club maybe doesnt want to be associated with him but u cant choose who supports your club and who doesnt!

Careful Laura the Shooglyphiles will be baying at your heels in no time! :rolleyes:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

Think it would’ve been a bit of fun for both parties involved. As for him being a junkie fair enough the club maybe doesnt want to be associated with him but u cant choose who supports your club and who doesnt!
Yes but you can choose who you want to represent your club in the press. Morton has stated in the past that we are a family and community oriented club. Don't see how Pete and his obvious penchant for class A drugs matches that image - especially with the inherent problems in Inverclyde. Completely agree with the club on this one, even though it could have been a commercial success.

B) ScotinBelgie

thank f*** for that! no way is that junkie b*****d getting a top before me!!

i hate that guy so much! seeing him in a morton top would have made me die a little inside.

think we would all feel a little dead inside seeing the waster wearing a beloved Ton strip

00008031.jpg

Archived